Sunday, October 4, 2009

Blog #7 Fishman, Pamela. “Interaction: The Work Women Do.”

I agree with Pamela Fishman when she says that women work much harder than men during conversations between these two opposite sexs. Women try and initiate much more than men but often fail while men on the other hand hardly fail to bring up a talkable topic and hardly initiate conversations. She explains that this happens because women want to carry on conversations while men pretty much want to say what they have to say and thats it. Women also want to talk about much more things, many of which men do not care for. In my personal experience, when my girlfriend and I have conversations we often talk about what I bring up just because it's something that relates to both of us. Conversations that she initiates often has nothing to do with anything I know. It seems like the topics she brings up are more suited for her and another women. I think this may be another reason why Fishman found what she found.

No comments:

Post a Comment